Saturday, January 03, 2009
Walk Two Moons
A charming story of a young girl travelling across America with grandparents to see her mother.This story highlights many of the issues of separated families through divorce as she relates the story of her friendship with Phoebe to her grandparents as they travel along. The relationship between the grandparents is the exact opposite of the parents and this provides a special balance to the story. The end of the story is totally unexpected.
Labels:
Young Adult
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
If you liked Sharon Creech's writing, try 'Love that Dog' written in verse. Novels in verse make for an interesting genre to explore.
As I read this I didn't pick up that Phoebe or Sal's parents were divorced. I saw Sal's Mum being mentally unwell and leaving for a break and then sadly dying in a bus accident - prehaps i just didn't want to beleive she had up and left. I was surprised at the end wondering why her Mum had not been brought home to be buried and why couldn't Sal be told of her Mum's death at the time. Phoebes's Mum left to reconnect with her now adult son, adopted out at birth.
Post a Comment